Note: SSP requires Tekton to work.
SSP does not deploy KubeVirt Tekton tasks resources by default.
You have to enable
deployTektonTaskResources feature gate in HCO CR to deploy all its resources:
or in SSP CR:
deployTektonTaskResources feature gate in HCO CR
spec.featureGates.deployTektonTaskResources is set to
true, SSP will not delete any tasks or pipeline examples even if it is reverted back to false.
KubeVirt Tekton tasks¶
What are KubeVirt Tekton tasks?¶
KubeVirt-specific Tekton tasks, which are focused on:
- Creating and managing resources (VMs, DataVolumes)
- Executing commands in VMs
- Manipulating disk images with libguestfs tools
Create Virtual Machines¶
- create-vm-from-manifest - create a VM from provided manifest or with virtctl.
- create-vm-from-template - create a VM from template (works only on OpenShift).
- copy-template - Copies the given template and creates a new one (works only on OpenShift).
- modify-vm-template - Modifies a template with user provided data (works only on OpenShift).
Modify Data Objects¶
- modify-data-object - Creates / modifies / deletes a datavolume / datasource
Generate SSH Keys¶
- generate-ssh-keys - Generates a private and public key pair, and injects it into a VM.
Execute commands in Virtual Machines¶
- execute-in-vm - Execute commands over SSH in a VM.
- cleanup-vm - Execute commands and/or stop/delete VMs.
Manipulate PVCs with libguestfs tools¶
- disk-virt-customize - execute virt-customize commands in PVCs.
- disk-virt-sysprep- execute virt-sysprep commands in PVCs.
Wait for Virtual Machine Instance Status¶
- wait-for-vmi-status - Waits for a VMI to be running.
Modify Windows iso¶
- modify-windows-iso-file - modifies windows iso (replaces prompt bootloader with no-prompt bootloader) and replaces original iso in PVC with updated one. This helps with automated installation of Windows in EFI boot mode. By default Windows in EFI boot mode uses a prompt bootloader, which will not continue with the boot process until a key is pressed. By replacing it with the non-prompt bootloader no key press is required to boot into the Windows installer.
All these tasks can be used for creating pipelines. SSP is creating multiple example pipelines, e.g.:
Windows BIOS installer - Pipeline will prepare a template and Windows datavolume vith virtio drivers installed. User has to provide a link to working Windows 10 iso file. Pipeline is suitable for Windows versions, which uses BIOS. More informations about pipeline can be found here
Windows efi installer - Pipeline will prepare a template and Windows 11/2k22 datavolume vith virtio drivers installed. User has to provide a link to working Windows 11/2k22 iso file. Pipeline is suitable for Windows versions, which requires EFI (e.g. Windows 11/2k22). More informations about pipeline can be found here
Using tasks and example pipelines in different namespace¶
You can set in which namespace the example pipelines and tasks will be deployed by setting
spec.tektonTasksNamespacein the HCO CR:
or in SSP CR by setting
- The namespace has to exists before doing this change.
- If you define different namespace for pipelines and different namespace for tasks, you will have to create cluster resolver object.
- In case you change the
tektonPipelinesNamespaceattribute, the pipelines will be deployed in that namespace.
- By default, example pipelines create the result datavolume in
- In case you would like to create result datavolume in different namespace (by specifying
baseDvNamespaceattribute in pipeline), there will be required additional RBAC permissions (list of all required RBAC permissions can be found here).