Reviewing the following will prepare you for contributing
For code contributors:
- You need to be familiar with writing code in golang. See the golang tour to familiarize yourself.
- Read the Developer contribution page and the getting started page.
For all contributors:
- You need to be comfortable with git, GitHub workflow of fork, branch, commit, open pull request, reviewing changes, and merge to work effectively in the KubeVirt community. If you're new to git git-scm.com very nice tutorials here.
- Familiarize yourself with the various repositories of the KubeVirt GitHub organization.
- Try the Deploy KubeVirt on minikube or kind quickstart lab.
- Try the Using KubeVirt lab.
- See the other ways to contribute section
Your first contribution¶
The following will help you decide where to start
- Check a repository issues list and label
good-first-issuefor issues that make good entry points.
- Open a pull request using GitHub to documentation. The tutorials found here can be helpful https://lab.github.com/
- Review a pull request from other community members for accuracy and language.