Tags: release notes | changelog
Released on: Mon Aug 9 14:20:14 2021 +0000
- [PR #6058][acardace] Fix virt-launcher exit pod race condition
- [PR #6035][davidvossel] Addition of perfscale-audit tool for auditing performance of control plane during stress tests
- [PR #6145][acardace] virt-launcher: disable unencrypted TCP socket for libvirtd.
- [PR #6163][davidvossel] Handle qemu processes in defunc (zombie) state
- [PR #6105][ashleyschuett] Add VirtualMachineInstancesPerNode to KubeVirt CR under Spec.Configuration
- [PR #6104][zcahana] Report FailedUnschedulable VM status when scheduling errors occur
- [PR #5905][davidvossel] VM CrashLoop detection and Exponential Backoff
- [PR #6070][acardace] Initiate Live-Migration using a unix socket (exposed by virt-handler) instead of an additional TCP<->Unix migration proxy started by virt-launcher
- [PR #5728][vasiliy-ul] Live migration of VMs with hotplug volumes is now enabled
- [PR #6109][rmohr] Fix virt-controller SCC: Reflect the need for NET_BIND_SERVICE in the virt-controller SCC.
- [PR #5942][ShellyKa13] Integrate guest agent to online VM snapshot
- [PR #6034][ashleyschuett] Go version updated to version 1.16.6
- [PR #6040][yuhaohaoyu] Improved debuggability by keeping the environment of a failed VMI alive.
- [PR #6068][dhiller] Add check that not all tests have been skipped
- [PR #6041][xpivarc] [Experimental] Virt-launcher can run as non-root user
- [PR #6062][iholder-redhat] replace dead “stress” binary with new, maintained, “stress-ng” binary
- [PR #6029][mhenriks] CDI to 1.36.0 with DataSource support
- [PR #4089][victortoso] Add support to USB Redirection with usbredir
- [PR #5946][vatsalparekh] Add guest-agent based ping probe
- [PR #6005][acardace] make containerDisk validation memory usage limit configurable
- [PR #5791][zcahana] Added a READY column to the tabular output of “kubectl get vm/vmi”
- [PR #6006][awels] DataVolumes created by DataVolumeTemplates will follow the associated VMs priority class.
- [PR #5982][davidvossel] Reduce vmi Update collisions (http code 409) during startup
- [PR #5891][akalenyu] BugFix: Pending VMIs when creating concurrent bulk of VMs backed by WFFC DVs
- [PR #5925][rhrazdil] Fix issue with Windows VMs not being assigned IP address configured in network-attachment-definition IPAM.
- [PR #6007][rmohr] Fix: The bandwidth limitation on migrations is no longer ignored. Caution: The default bandwidth limitation of 64Mi is changed to “unlimited” to not break existing installations.
- [PR #4944][kwiesmueller] Add
VirtualMachineInstancethat can tunnel TCP traffic through the API Server using a websocket stream.
- [PR #5402][alicefr] Integration of libguestfs-tools and added new command
- [PR #5953][ashleyschuett] Allow Failed VMs to be stopped when using
--force --gracePeriod 0
- [PR #5876][mlsorensen] KubeVirt CR supports specifying a runtime class for virt-launcher pods via ‘launcherRuntimeClass’.