Tags: release notes | changelog
Released on: Wed Oct 7 13:59:50 2020 +0300
- [PR #4315][kubevirt-bot] PVCs populated by DVs are now allowed as volumes.
- [PR #3837][jean-edouard] VM interfaces with no
bootOrderwill no longer be candidates for boot when using the BIOS bootloader, as documented
- [PR #3879][ashleyschuett] KubeVirt should now be configured through the KubeVirt CR
configurationkey. The usage of the kubevirt-confg ConfigMap will be deprecated in the future.
- [PR #4074][stu-gott] Fixed bug preventing non-admin users from pausing/unpausing VMs
- [PR #4252][rhrazdil] Fixes https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1853911
- [PR #4016][ashleyschuett] Allow for post copy VMI migrations
- [PR #4235][davidvossel] Fixes timeout failure that occurs when pulling large containerDisk images
- [PR #4263][rmohr] Add readiness and liveness probes to virt-handler, to clearly indicate readiness
- [PR #4248][maiqueb] always compile KubeVirt with selinux support on pure go builds.
- [PR #4012][danielBelenky] Added support for the eviction API for VMIs with eviction strategy. This enables VMIs to be live-migrated when the node is drained or when the descheduler wants to move a VMI to a different node.
- [PR #4075][ArthurSens] Metric kubevirt_vmi_vcpu_seconds’ state label is now exposed as a human-readable state instead of an integer
- [PR #4162][vladikr] introduce a cpuAllocationRatio config parameter to normalize the number of CPUs requested for a pod, based on the number of vCPUs
- [PR #4177][maiqueb] Use vishvananda/netlink instead of songgao/water to create tap devices.
- [PR #4092][stu-gott] Allow specifying nodeSelectors, affinity and tolerations to control where KubeVirt components will run
- [PR #3927][ArthurSens] Adds new metric kubevirt_vmi_memory_unused_bytes
- [PR #3493][vladikr] virtIO-FS is being added as experimental, protected by a feature-gate that needs to be enabled in the kubevirt config by the administrator
- [PR #4193][mhenriks] Add snapshot.kubevirt.io to admin/edit/view roles
- [PR #4149][qinqon] Bump kubevirtci to k8s-1.19
- [PR #3471][crobinso] Allow hiding that the VM is running on KVM, so that Nvidia graphics cards can be passed through
- [PR #4115][phoracek] Add conformance automation and manifest publishing
- [PR #3733][davidvossel] each PRs description.
- [PR #4082][mhenriks] VirtualMachineRestore API and implementation
- [PR #4154][davidvossel] Fixes issue with Serivce endpoints not being updated properly in place during KubeVirt updates.
- [PR #3289][vatsalparekh] Add option to run only VNC Proxy in virtctl
- [PR #4027][alicefr] Added memfd as default memory backend for hugepages. This introduces the new annotation kubevirt.io/memfd to disable memfd as default and fallback to the previous behavior.
- [PR #3612][ashleyschuett] Adds
customizeComponentsto the kubevirt api
- [PR #4029][cchengleo] Fix an issue which prevented virt-operator from installing monitoring resources in custom namespaces.
- [PR #4031][rmohr] Initial support for sonobuoy for conformance testing